Chiropractic Care and Your Holistic Health
Holistic health is defined as addressing an individual’s well-being in a comprehensive manner. This means focusing on and finding balance between our physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. Unfortunately, the primary focus of the modern Western medicine model is based in addressing physical illness. This singular focus can lead to a major disconnect in a person’s quality of life.
Thankfully, there are still many traditional approaches to health that keep holistic health as the core of their focus. These approaches help us live a truly full life, rather than just simply focusing on being “disease free.” One of the top holistic health treatment options is chiropractic care. A chiropractor recognizes that spine health is the core of good health, from which other treatment strategies and health can be built upon.
What is Holistic Health?
When it comes to holistic health, it’s important to keep in mind that it involves a multidimensional approach to how we’re feeling and living our life. When we keep all aspects of our health in mind, as discussed above, it allows us to find true balance as a “whole” being. Rather than neglecting one of these important aspects, it’s important to be aware of how all the facets of our health interact with each other and find ways to truly thrive. Unfortunately, if any one of these areas is neglected, it can lead to poor general health and imbalances.
A Holistic approach vs. Western medicine approach
There are many clear differences between how practitioners approach health when the focus is on holistic methods versus today’s modern approach. Here are a few examples.
- Western medicine defines good health as absence of disease, rather than keeping other important factors in mind related to our ability to focus, be productive, and nurture an overall sense of well-being.
- Western medicine has a specialist for each body part in the body, focusing on one singular issue at a time rather than recognizing the crucial interplay that occurs.
- Holistic health recognizes that there is much more to poor health than meets the eye and cannot be defined by one diagnosis or fixed with a singular treatment, such as drugs or surgery.
- True balanced health helps you feel your best in all areas of your life, truly unlocking your potential to live the life you want.
Holistic Treatment Options
When it comes to addressing your health holistically, there are a lot of simple ways to get started, on your own or with the guidance of a holistic health professional. A lot these options have to do with lifestyle factors and include the following:
- Building high quality relationships with friends, family, and even co-workers that elevate your self-esteem, confidence, and connections
- Practicing mindfulness techniques, such as meditation, to reduce anxiety and learn to be present each day
- Regular self-care by taking time to relax, enjoy life, and reduce stress
- Keeping up with good daily physical habits, such as optimal nutrition, regular exercise, and getting enough sleep
- Addressing underlying imbalances in the body, such as spine misalignment that affects nerve flow, with guidance from a chiropractor
The Holistic Approach of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care focuses initially on the physical dimension of our health. They recognize that dysfunction within the spine, most often spine misalignment, can lead to underlying health issues due to its effects on neural integrity. Poor spine alignment is a common dysfunction that is often overlooked by other healthcare professionals, leading to treatment recommendations that don’t yield truly sustainable results.
Spine misalignment can be caused by everyday activities, like poor posture, bad movement patterns, or an injury like getting in a car accident. It can lead to a variety of symptoms related to pain, fatigue, trouble concentrating, and other general poor health symptoms that are hard to pinpoint and are often disregarded by modern medicine. This is where chiropractic treatment and an initial focus on restoring spine alignment is a great building block for establishing holistic health.
Addressing Spine Alignment First
Once any underlying spine misalignment issues are addressed, this will help restore nerve flow that is essential for every bodily function. From here, the body can truly tap into its own potential. Nerve flow, or energy, is the life source that helps us live a life of meaning and purpose. When the brain can send and receive proper neural signals, we can truly nurture every dimension of our health with clarity and ease.
Ready to see how a chiropractor can boost your holistic health and help you feel your absolute best? The entire team at North Alabama Spine and Rehab in Decatur and Hunstillve, AL is dedicated to helping you sustainably restore your spine health- the building block to true health. Call their office today to see how they can help you reach your holistic health goals.
North Alabama Spine & Rehab
|Monday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
|Friday||9:00 AM - 4:45 PM|